BMX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BMX Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

need advice

Go down 
+4
libmx83092
IDrinkYourMilkshake
Nov
FitAM
8 posters
AuthorMessage
FitAM

FitAM

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-24

need advice Empty
PostSubject: need advice   need advice Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 9:14 pm

ok i need advice for some parts i want to buy in the future

stuff i dont need advice for:
(black) Fit DLR stem
(black) Fly Ruben grips
(black) Profile Imperial (25T) chainwheel
Shadow Conspiracy Penumbra Seth Kimbrough seat
(black) Demolition Vulcan u-brake

stuff i need advice on:
Demolition Medial LT cranks (heard a lot of bad and a lot of good)
bars:
S&M Slam XLT or Fit Northwest or Coalition Holy Cross (choose your favorite and state why you don't like the others)
forks:
S&M Pitchfork XLT or Fit Blade or Shadow Conspiracy Creepers or Sunday Mornings / Nights

eventually i will buy a new frame and rims and i'll buy the S&M LTF and the Demolition Bulimia / Anorexia rims (need advice on rims)
Back to top Go down
FitAM

FitAM

need advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advice   need advice Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 9:15 pm

my color scheme is gunmetal gray and black with touches of red for now on a 2008 Fit AM bike
Back to top Go down
Nov
Founder
Founder
Nov

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-05-18

need advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advice   need advice Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 5:36 am

Not really in the know which these particular parts, but I encourage everyone else to help this guy out.
Back to top Go down
IDrinkYourMilkshake
Administrator
Administrator
IDrinkYourMilkshake

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2008-05-21

need advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advice   need advice Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 7:00 am

FitAM wrote:
ok i need advice for some parts i want to buy in the future

stuff i dont need advice for:
(black) Fit DLR stem
(black) Fly Ruben grips
(black) Profile Imperial (25T) chainwheel
Shadow Conspiracy Penumbra Seth Kimbrough seat
(black) Demolition Vulcan u-brake

stuff i need advice on:
Demolition Medial LT cranks (heard a lot of bad and a lot of good)
bars:
S&M Slam XLT or Fit Northwest or Coalition Holy Cross (choose your favorite and state why you don't like the others)
forks:
S&M Pitchfork XLT or Fit Blade or Shadow Conspiracy Creepers or Sunday Mornings / Nights

eventually i will buy a new frame and rims and i'll buy the S&M LTF and the Demolition Bulimia / Anorexia rims (need advice on rims)

I don't generally like Fit, besides, you could get a better stem for the same price. Odyssey Elementary 3 has ALOT more clamping power and is the same price.
Fly Ruben grips. You can pay $11 for a pair, or you can pay the same price for a pair of Cranmers, which stay grippy even in rain without gloves.
As for the chaindisk, just throw down another $5 and get a Guettler. 9 times out of 10 Colony is the best.

That's all my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
libmx83092

libmx83092

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-22

need advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advice   need advice Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 7:26 pm

ok. to start, i have the Demolition Medial LT cranks and i have no problem wit them. deff get them. as for the bars and forks, the Slam XLT's are really good just from hearing about them and i've used my friends bikes. not too sure bout the other ones but they're basically the same. I also have the Pitchfork XLT's and again, i have no problem with them. The FIt Blade Lites are also good and so are the Sunday Morning 2's. it all depends on preference.
Back to top Go down
FitAM

FitAM

need advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advice   need advice Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 9:03 pm

alright thanks i mean it'll be a while before i get those things but i still wanna know
Back to top Go down
pryaz
pryaz

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-05-23

need advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advice   need advice Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 3:58 am

For the bars, depends on what width you like. Holy cross is 26" or 27", Fit Northwest is 28" and Slam XLT's are 29"
Back to top Go down
ethan.bmx

ethan.bmx

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-06-04

need advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advice   need advice Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 4:52 am

get the shadow attack stem
Back to top Go down
eclipsebmx

eclipsebmx

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-06-04

need advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advice   need advice Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 9:50 pm

dont buy demolition cranks,they will brake on u,if u like them cuz of the weight,they are not worth it,trust me.kids who say they are great are not riding that much,or they ar beginners.u will most likely bent them,crack them or brake them.ALL of my friends broke those cranks,even tho i told them "dont buy them".
demolition company sucks evem more with hubs,they will break,u probably like them cuz they r light,not worth it.
forks u wanna buy are good,i would go with sunday,they have 41 thermal fork,and they have good name out there.
dont be weight picky person-the lighter stuff u buy,the more fragile it is.ur bike is still light when its 25-26 lbs.
Back to top Go down
Cornfish
Administrator
Administrator
Cornfish

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-05-28

need advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advice   need advice Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 2:11 am

i like the shadow forks there nice

and sunday forks are good to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

need advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advice   need advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need advice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BMX Forum :: BMX Central :: Bikes And Parts-
Jump to: