BMX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BMX Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Little Kids in skateparks?

Go down 
+12
Cornfish
FitAM
nick_rides
Connor
2wheelsisalluneed
box
madmike
rob
pryaz
CythoN
Nov
Scholzee
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Scholzee

Scholzee

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Little Kids in skateparks? Empty
PostSubject: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:32 am

Like I'm all for little kids going out and riding their bikes or scooters. But they really irritate me. Like today. I finished school for the week \
and decide to go sesh my local park. I get their and throwdown a couple tricks and then a family with 2 kids on scooters rock up. Now I was like Ok, I hope they don't snake me.

So I decide to go hit a quarter and one of the kids decides to ride infront of me about half way their, and if you've seen my bike check you'll know I don't have brakes. So at I stop and and ask the kid to move out of the way and he moves. And I start my run up again and hit the quarter, and everything is sweet. Then I decide to hop up the 3 stair and I nearly clean up the same kid again.

Now it really gets me agrivated when the parents step in and abuse you for nearly hitting their kid. But..
1) It's a skatepark. You do tricks there. You don't ride around and get infront of BMXers, Skaters etc.
2) It's dangerous there. Little kids shouldn't be there. They should be riding in their local park.

What's your opinion on it?
Back to top Go down
Nov
Founder
Founder
Nov

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:46 am

I completely agree. It happens to me often, and although I know they just want to have fun, they could probally just go to a park or something. I mean, it's not like they do tricks or anything.
Back to top Go down
CythoN

CythoN

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:58 am

The problem with this is that the parents arent there to give them guidance. They need to be told to stay out the way of the lines that people take. Almost always the cross the run ups.. and if they get hit they blame everyone else. They need to be shown the lines..
Back to top Go down
pryaz
pryaz

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 5:57 am

This is a major problem at my local park. There is a funbox and you can't see what's on the landing until you're in the air and often there are little scooter kids on the down ramp that sometimes very nearly get cleaned up.

If they are being supervised by their parents, you could kindly say that a skatepark isn't the right place just to roll around, and that you can take it to a walking path or something. If not, you could approach them and warn them to watch out before they get cleaned up.
Back to top Go down
CythoN

CythoN

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 6:00 am

Parents are usually ok, but some are just as in the dark as their spawn. Sometimes a good cleaning up is necessary.. parks really shouldnt have scoots in there. if theyre open public parks you cant do anything about it except speak to them and explain park rules and etiquette
Back to top Go down
rob

rob

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:35 pm

most parents are cool with it but you always get the really annoying snobby parents who think there kids are the best in world. my friend had her gf up at my local skatepark(its next to a kids playground)..he was tickling her... she was screaming her head off.... lol and some kids mum came over and shouted "do you mind keeping the noise down!!" every1 just cracked up because she made a funny face while saying it lol but all the kids kick there footballs in the mini halfpipe its so annoying when u drop in
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

Number of posts : 403

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 5:01 pm

hahha do waht i do just snake em !!! most dont go agian if you do but some still do!

around my locals we got them inliners i get along with the gpd ones but its just the ones that get in the way n think they onw the place ... just the same as the chavs :S .... thats what i get anoyed with !(sorry about spellin mistakes )
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazy_on_bmx
box

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:12 pm

I owned a little kid because of that, I was like sorry no brakes. But yesterday holy cow they need to stop standing in the middle of bowls doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
2wheelsisalluneed

2wheelsisalluneed

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 5:29 am

hahaha i hate that too and the funny thing is i used to be one of those kids Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:11 am

^^^lol man same here
Back to top Go down
Nov
Founder
Founder
Nov

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 3:54 am

I'm the same as Connor and 2wheel.
Back to top Go down
nick_rides

nick_rides

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:16 am

so this one time, i was brakeless, and was pumping hard as to do this real big gap at my local, i was beyond the point f stopping when a little kid snakes me and i his his back wheel and fly over my bars , the kids back wheel was bent in half andi was left with a rather large lump on the back of my head from when i hit the ground, i stand up and the perent comes over and gives me a spew about how i should look out for the young kids (and this was after i was going flat out (you can see it, it was the last trick in "my edit" in the vid and pic forum) and brakeless, cause my cable snapped the week before......kids(and there perents)
Back to top Go down
FitAM

FitAM

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:06 pm

freakin hate kids in the skate park they get in the way get in your business and are really annoying
Back to top Go down
Cornfish
Administrator
Administrator
Cornfish

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 6:10 am

last week this little kid left his bike on the down ramp to the box and i went to do a flyout but like nearly cleared it and slammed into the bike and slid on my face

and the parent still went off at me
Back to top Go down
Brendan
Forum Idiot
Brendan

Number of posts : 781

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:58 pm

Yeah today i was the park and i was with some bmxers trying to get some footage when two little kids show up. I swear i felt like telling them to piss off but there parents were there and they stayed there for a full hour.
It sucked!!!!1!!!!!!!one!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
johno15

johno15

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 3:43 am

little kids have just as much right as us there jst annoying lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Cornfish
Administrator
Administrator
Cornfish

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 7:54 pm

i disagree the older kids use the skatepark better then the littlies because the little kids just scooter in the way and fall over and cry and there bike or scooter in front of the box and make me run into it and go over the bars and slide on my face

little kids
Back to top Go down
Scholzee

Scholzee

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:52 am

Yeah, But. Its a skatepark. It's pretty dangerous for a little kid to be there. Say if they stack infront of a funbox infront of you. Your in mid air and you see the little kid infront of you. The kids stuffed. So will you when the parents realize that you have hurt their kid and abuse you.

The other week, my friend and I went out to film a few things and this kid kept getting in our shots. This one clip really got my friend agrovated. He 360'd the box and stacked because these kids were standing right infront of the landing he didn't want to hit them so he bailed half way through the 3 and ate it hard. The kids just stood there, infront of the down ramp and laughed at him. He got really angry. The kids dad walks up to us and says 'Try not to get angry infront of my kids and try not to get in their way. Your setting a bad example for them'. Ahh hello Mr. Anyone home. Your kids just stood infront of the down ramp and nearly got cleaned up and your telling us that we are setting a bad example to your kids when your on the phone swearing to your Wife/Ex-Wife/Girlfriend about something. You should tell your kids not to get in the way of other people.

It's kinda stupid bringing your little kid to a skate park just to ride their scooter or bike. They get in the way of other people and just sit and laugh about it when the person makes a funny face because they want to swear at the kid. It's just they should be riding in their local playground on the concrete.
Back to top Go down
Cornfish
Administrator
Administrator
Cornfish

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:08 am

yes exactly
Back to top Go down
Blake

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:45 am

i tottaly agree
i was 360 whipping the other day over the island kid turns the corner drops in with his scooter i nealy whip his head of then i have swerve to avoid him and crash into the other side of the island dad comes oi fuck head watch out for my kid
i scream back mate i nealy sent your kid to hospital and if i wasnt in a good before i jumped i would have so fucking get your little kid out of here before he hurts himself or any one else
Back to top Go down
eclipsebmx

eclipsebmx

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:59 pm

thats why i like to ride street,where if i hit somebod i just run away haha.i dont like riding skatepars cuz its suallly packed and i always hit some lil kids.they should first learn how to not get in anybodys way and then go to packed skateparks and ride there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Kids in skateparks?   Little Kids in skateparks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little Kids in skateparks?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BMX Forum :: BMX Central :: BMX In General-
Jump to: