BMX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BMX Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

loads off how to's!!!

Go down 
+8
Nov
FitAM
Blake
Connor
samcl
pryaz
brenton36
madmike
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
madmike

madmike

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-05-20

loads off how to's!!! Empty
PostSubject: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 2:57 am

X-up The x-up is one of the most basic air trick's in BMX.

To get a feel for this trick, try lifting up the front wheel when you are on the floor and try turning the bars 180 degrees to either the left or right which ever feels comfortable. REMEMBER: SQUEEZE YOUR KNEES ON THE CHAIR AT ALL TIMES!! Once you feel comfortable doing this its time to try it off of a jump.

The best ramp to try this on is a fly out jump, this is either the jumpbox at a skatepark or the dirt jump which has a lip to flat.

Approach the jump at enough speed to fly out, but not to much that you over clear it. Whichever way you felt comfortable turning the bars on the floor, this will be the way that you turn the bars in the air. When taking off the jump before turning the bars, un-weight the bike and squeeze your knees on the chair and turn the bars 180 degrees, just before you land pull them back straight and ride away.

Congratulations you have just landed an X-up! (X-up Manual video) (X-up Video) X-up, One Footer The one footed X-up is much like the normal x-up but of course
your taking one foot off whilst in the X-up.

In some cases this trick may be easier to learn than the normal x-up as your legs will already be out of the way. this will allow you to turn the bars without fear of hitting your knees.

For the one footed x-up you need about the same speed you would for the normal x-up. It doesnt matter which foot you take off, just whatever feels most comfortable. When you approach the lip of the jump make sure that you take your foot off at the same time you start to turn the bars. By doing this you will have a trick that looks smooth, if you take your foot off then do the x-up it may prove more difficult. It's the same if you do the x-up then take your foot off. Just before you land place you foot back on the pedals and untwist your bars at the same time, then ride away!

Well done you just pulled a X-up One footer! Barspin The next move to try, using the handlebars is the barspin. The trick is basically what it says, you spin the bars 360 degrees, catch them and ride away, simple.

Again try gettin the feel for this trick on the floor, lift the front wheel, pinch your seat with your knees and throw the bars as fast as you can. Again it doesn't matter which way you throw the bars, whichever is most comfortable. Once you start catching the bars in the "lift the front wheel" barspin, then you ready to try it in the air.

To start off it might be easiest to learn it in a bunny-hop. Ride along at a slow speed, pull up for the bunny-hop, and as you are unweighting the bike squeeze you knees on the chair and throw the bars. Hopefully the bars come all the way around and your hands automatically move towards the grips. Catch them and ride away.

Doing a barspin off of a jump uses the same method, however you need a bit more speed and if you have more air you can throw your bars slower.

Congratulations you now have landed a barspin! (Manual Barspin Video) (Barspin bunny-hop video) Crankflip The crankflip is basically making you cranks rotate 360 degrees, using your feet. Once you have made the cranks rotate 360 degrees then you need to land your feet back on the pedals, obviously this will be the same way your feet started.

To start off with this trick, its probably best to learn it on the floor. To do this just drive along, you don't have to be going too fast just enough to keep your balance, then kind off "cup" your front foot over the pedal, then use it to drag the pedal upwards causing it to spin. Use your bars to hold yourself up and when you see the cranks coming back around to where they started aim your feet back on the pedals and ride away. Once you have got it nearly everytime on the floor its time to learn it in a bunny-hop.

The bunny-hop crankflip is a little harder, as you have to bunny-hop then throw the cranks with your feet. Using the same method, by "cupping" your front foot on the pedal, start the bunny-hop and when you start to un-weight the bike, use your feet to throw the cranks around, keeping your eyes on the cranks at all time. When you see the cranks come around 360 aim your feet and land back on the pedals, then compress on your landing.

Congratulations, you now have landed a crankflip. (floor Crankflip video) (Bunny-hop Crankflip video) 180 The next trick to probably learn is the 180, its a 180 degrees spin so that you land backwards on your bike, at this point you have to fakie then revert. The 180 can also be a good trick to put other tricks in there e.g. X-up 180 or a Barspin 180.

180's can be done in either direction, usually when you ride with your left foot forward you spin clockwise, and if you have your right foot forward you spin anti-clockwise, but do which ever is comfortable to you.

One of the most important thngs during any type of spinning is using your head. You have to twist your head in the way that you are spinning the 180.

To start off with, turn you front wheel slightly to the direction you are going to spin (or you can turn it the other way and then quickly turn it back to give you a bit more momentum), as soon as you turn the front wheel learn you head in the same direction and bunny-hop, your bike should start to rotate in the air. Don't worry if it doesn't go around the full 180 at first, it takes a few goes, sometimes you may turn your head back or your not spinning fast enough. When you are getting to the 180 stage you have to spot your landining with your head, as soon as you land backwards, unless you have a freecoaster, start pedalling backwards. to revert either put pressure on the pedals and use the same method as you did to pull the 180 but staying on your back wheel, or hold in the brake and use the same method of staying on the back wheel.

Congratulations, now go out and learn the barspin and x-up 180! (180 video) (Ramp 180 video) (X-up 180 Video) 360 The 360 is obviouslly the next step up from the 180. It is a good idea to be able to land the 180 bunny-hop on the floor. Once you have this you can probably land the 360 off of a ramp.

Again a tabletop, or jumpbox would be the best place to learn the 360. Again spin the way you are most comfortable, usually left foot forward spins clockwise, right foot forward goes anti-clockwise, do which is most comfortable.

You need to approach the ramp with quite a bit of speed, as soon as you get to the top of the ramp, turn your front wheel in the direction you are going to spin. Turn your head in the same direction and your body should follow your head. You have to spin alot faster in the 360 than the 180. once you are round at about 270, spot your landing and you pretty much have the 360. Land 360 and ride away.

Well done, you now have the 360! (360 Video) View High Resolution
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazy_on_bmx
brenton36

brenton36

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 3:06 am

thanks for the how-to's, i can't X-up but i can barspin???
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 4:26 am

err that makes no scence mate lol do you mean flat land or hop ?
Back to top Go down
brenton36

brenton36

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:45 am

flat land, i can almost hop barspin
Back to top Go down
pryaz
pryaz

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:03 am

I X-up to my front foot side... scratch
Does this make it any harder?
Back to top Go down
samcl

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 10:17 am

To all you cool kids out there, big bars and a tiny slammed seat will make it very hard to barspin hop, it is also easier to come out of a quarter that gives you a fair bit of pop off the coping because this will make it less complicated to you will have more time to comcentrate on throwing and catching.
Back to top Go down
brenton36

brenton36

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:16 pm

i can still barspin on my mates bike and he has S&M grandslams and his seat almost touches the frame, you just pinch with ur shins instead of knees
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:18 pm

ye it dont matter if u have a slammed seat or not it just hhelps alot with out it bein slammed

ill try n get some more how to's later on
Back to top Go down
samcl

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:22 am

Yeah im just saying that its a lot easier to learn when you have your seat up a little bit and its easier to spin the bars faster if they are narrower. Saying this, i have 28" bars and a slammed stripped seat, i just used to run narrower bars and a bigger seat and it was so much easier when i was learining.
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:44 pm

good howtos
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:44 pm

^^ thanks but i cat takethe credit i stole em off a mates site
Back to top Go down
Blake

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 4:35 am

moving this how to to my own thread Smile

Last edited by Blake on Wed May 28, 2008 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : moving post)
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:37 am

rolf nice how to ! but you should of posted in your own tread !
Back to top Go down
FitAM

FitAM

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 9:24 pm

how-to do any trick

step 1: get on your bike
step 2:pick your trick
step 3:try
step 4:if you failed repeat step 3 as many times until you succeed

there you go i'm a master
Back to top Go down
pryaz
pryaz

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 5:06 am

How to disaster:

Come up to a reasonably mellow quarter a little bit slower than what you would to fly out.
Do a 180, but try to keep your front end down.
Have your back wheel on the deck and your front wheel on the transition.
Hop or roll back in.
loads off how to's!!! F_anim067df8dm_c713bdb
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 5:21 am

nice one mate (Y)
but why the fuckin helemet!!! lol
Back to top Go down
pryaz
pryaz

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 5:47 am

Helmet for life!
lol
Yeah I wear my helmet, even for the simple stuff...
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 5:57 am

lol pussy !
Back to top Go down
pryaz
pryaz

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 6:03 am

madmike wrote:
lol pussy !

No risks taken.

loads off how to's!!! F_brainandhelm_65c73ab
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 6:09 am

lol i was jokein !!!!

oh i can get brians for a fiver down the market !or two for a tenna !
Back to top Go down
Blake

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 7:18 am

i wear a helmet Smile
and nice how tos
Back to top Go down
Nov
Founder
Founder
Nov

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:33 pm

^As do I
Back to top Go down
iridebmx

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:28 pm

wow someone knows how to copy and paste
Back to top Go down
Cornfish
Administrator
Administrator
Cornfish

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 5:10 am

i only wear a helmet when im going somewhere
when i get there i take it off
Back to top Go down
fitfred

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 9:11 am

any advice on turndowns? i've tried a lot but don't know if i'm gettin anywhere with them. i can x up, table a bit but they're getting there, barspin but i want to turndown god dammit!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: loads off how to's!!!   loads off how to's!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

loads off how to's!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BMX Forum :: BMX Central :: For Beginners-
Jump to: